Ads 468x60px

Quilting Craziness

It's been a LONG time since I have relished in my fabric collection. To tell the truth- it's been a bit overwhelming. LOL! But I have braved the task and did a few little projects while my hubby's been away. They are soooo CUTE! I can't hardly stand it! (Insert eye roll from my 9 year old- she thinks I'm crazy about fabric! LOL! ;)
First...Back in Utah during my time with Lori, I made a stop to a couple of Quilt shops and came home with  some adorable fabric of a line called Fruitcake. Of course, I didn't quite have anything in mind- oops!- except that I wanted it to be for a January-hang-over-the-back-of-my-couch quilt. I searched around a bit and found some inspiration. Here's the inspiration I found online:
And the ADROABLE finished project: (Well, at least the quilt top is done. Add it to the pile of  "to be quilted"- LOL! Dang! That pile needs some help)
Next, my Seasonal Wall Hanging Collection is complete. They are so stinkin' fun! I LOVE them!
Finally, my annual Ornament Exchange is quickly approaching. Well- ok - 70 or so more days BUT time's a tickin'. As anyone who's ever come to one of my Partays knows, the "Story Behind the Ornament" is just as important than the actual thing. Since my obsession has been quilting lately, I wanted to embrace the idea and make something quilted and with fabric. Thanks to the amazing technology we are blessed with in these latter-days, I found the perfect thing! AND to add even more sentiment to the Ornament Story-- I decided that besides the 20 styrofoam balls and the 3600 pins I need (I know...you are so disappointed that these were not down there), everything I use HAS to be from my Craft room. It might get a tiny bit tricky and I've been sorely tempted to go buy some knick-knacks or certain ribbon but I am determined to make it happen. I am so excited! Here's a sneak peek:
Yeah for fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment