Ads 468x60px

RS Christmas Service Project

I joined our Fargo 2nd Ward Relief Society today for a early Christmas Gathering. We first gave of ourselves in service at the local Great Plains Food Bank. htttp://www.lssnd.org/greatplainsfoodbank/Home/home.html I had never been there before so it was really neat to be able to bring help, healing and hope to those in need in our community. Being Mormon Christian women we taped, packed, organized, and cleaned up like crazy!!! We ended up doing 3 1/2 palettes of food boxes- that's like 131 boxes. Like I said... I had never been before but I thought it was pretty amazing how a small group of people can make that kind of difference in such a short amount of time. I hope lives are blessed this holiday season. 
Here's our group at the end minus a few ladies. [Pretty funny story actually. See, we got a picture at the beginning with all those that were there when we started. Well, at least we thought we did. When Alma went back later to check her camera there was NO picture. Oops! Guess the guy didn't push the button enough or something LOL!] Deb and Linda went back to the Church early to make lunch for us. Thanks ladies! You are awesome!
Back at the Church, we had a fabulous luncheon- sweet & sour meatballs, rice, salad, asiago cheese bread, and cupcakes, Delicious! Then, we had a Cookie exchange. Everyone's cookies were awesome! We are supposed to get the recipes soon so then I can add their names but they were good!! I went home with tons of treats! My family LOVED me today! LOL!
Thanks for a fun day of service, food and yummy cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment