Ads 468x60px

Fargo Favorites #52 LAST ONE!



I can NOT believe a whole year has come and gone! I started my journey of "Fargo Favorites" in order to save me from the Winter Blues of this frozen tundra called Fargo. I did it to force me to always be on the lookout for things to be grateful for. I can't say it totally kept the blues away but I can say it saved me in a way. Wow! Isn't it amazing how keeping your eyes open to the world around you- can make you aware of things you never would have noticed? It will always be a treasure to look back and see all the wonderful things to be found here in Fargo. I will miss adding to this list. In a way this post is bitter sweet. But all good things come to an end and there are always new doors to open. (Stay tuned for what's in store for the coming year)
So in honor of my LAST Fargo Favorites post, I proudly present the
Top 10 List of Favorite
Things about living in Fargo:
10. My Blog
OK, so maybe this is not really a Fargo thing but for me it is. Fargo is where I first had a few gentle nudges (or a couple really hard shoves) to start a blog. Now 2 years later, I blog almost every day. Thanks Fargo ladies for making me into the freaky Blog-ahloic I am today! I will never forget you! Literally... you are permanently branded onto the cyber world and my heart FOREVER!
9. White Beauty
Here in Fargo I have learned to appreciate the color white! Let's just say that it is pretty hard to miss at least for most of the year. There's snow, outdoor ice skating rinks, snow drifts, snow, albino buffalos, snow, flocked trees, snow, labyrinths, snow glitter, igloos, and did I mention- SNOW!? LOL
8. The Language
It's not a foreiegn language, it isn't exotic or romantic or southern-y but FarrrgOO, Nor'Dakoda definitely has it's own way of saying things, dontchaknow? Oh yaaaah and here in Fargo you pooot your groceries in a beg! And you're definitely from Fargo if you understand ALL the uses of the word "Uff-Da"! LOL
7. Four Seasons
This might seem to be an oxymoron considering this IS Fargo but regardless of how short each season may be (or how long one in particular may be. LOL), we do enjoy a little of all 5 of them. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Construction. And we appreciate every one of them! (at least for the first few weeks)
Funny saying I found:
If your kids trip over Christmas lights and Halloween bags while searching for Easter Eggs . . .
If during the brief Fall you proudly rake the whole yard to get a bag or two of leaves before the wind does.. . . . . then you must be from North Dakota.
6. Travel Time
Not sure I will ever survive anywhere that requires more than 15 minutes to get to... well, anywhere! We are so spoiled here. Everything is close and rush hour traffic is when cars on the freeway slow down by 5 MPH. ARRRGGG! It still frustrates me!
5. The Clouds
I can't get enough of the clouds here in Fargo. I actually should have added them to the "White Beauty" list. ;) With no mountains or tall building or towering trees to block the view, you can see them across the entire sky. So beautiful!
4. Agriculture
Agriculture is the largest industry in North Dakota. I love driving to Bismarck or just outside of town and seeing all the different kinds of fields. My favorites are the corn fields, the sunflower fields and all the big hay bales. We also love to see the wild turkeys roaming the fields in the Fall. And who can forget our very own apple tree? We love that thing!
3. Midwest Hospitality
Fargonians are the best people around. They are kind, thoughtful, hard-working, trustworthy and pull together when it really counts. I will always look back fondly on the Fargo Flood Fight of 2009, the Minot Flood of 2011 and all the middle of the continent Hurricane Cleanup. Fargonians sure know how to stick together when the going get's tough!
2. Bragging RightsIf you live in Fargo, ND for at least 12 months- you earn BRAGGING RIGHTS for the rest of your life. Anyone that can survive the harshness of the below (way, way, way below) freakin' freezin' Winter weather here, the low serotonin levels and still come out smiling & polite deserves a great big gold STAR on their forehead! Believe me, if I survive this next Winter, I'm making me a T-shirt! {I SURVIVED a Fargo Winter! 6 times} LOL!
1. Friends
My all time favorite part of living in Fargo (besides being here with my cute Fam) is my amazing, awesome, beautiful friends! I can't even begin to describe what it's like here. You just have to experience it yourself to understand. Wanna join us? (We'll even throw in a free T-shirt. LOL!) It's like having 25 or more BEST friends on any given day! We laugh together, we cry together, we survive together, we play together, we craft together, we GNO together, we grow together! BEST friends ever!!! I luv you ladies!





1 comment:

Frozen Chosen said...

Febry- I would like to know why you have copied my blog content. Who are you? Everything except the last post is copied directly from me. I have filed a complaint with blogger. Please delete this blog or I will have to look into other ways of removing my content from here. And further, none of your tabs work so it seems like more reason that this blog is fraudulent. I would appreciate your quick response to this request.

Post a Comment