Ads 468x60px

Friday Fargo Favorites #4

This week's installment of...
1. K-Love
With such bad language and depressing or degrating music that can be found on the radio today, I found a bit of a heaven. I absolutely LOVE 100.7 K-Love. It has such uplifting music and DJs. They always have some encouraging thing to say to keep my spirits up! Thanks K-Love! 

2. DMI Wind Towers
Does the rest of the world really know what a "WIDE LOAD" is? I'm not sure if you do until you have experienced driving behind a DMI Semi hauling part of a Wind Tower. From one of their articles... "If the mountain won't come to you, you must go to the mountain, the saying goes. Considering how colossal wind towers can be—up to 100 meters tall, 16 ft. in diameter, and 300 tons one could be forgiven for not knowing which is the mountain—the towers or the wind. Alas, the wind won't come to the factory, so the towers must be transported from the factory to the wind." These things are so massive!!! I can't even describe them. I guess if you want to experience it- you just have to come to Fargo.

3. Gratitude
It might sound stupid but I am so grateful for Gratitude! If you haven't figured it out for yourself, let me tell you a secret. Gratitude has magical powers. ;) I have been bombarded from a million different directions about the benefits of gratitude lately. (Maybe I should take a hint, right?) Some of my favorite quotes are: "Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life" "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others."- Cicero "Gratitude is the open door to abundance." "Give it, Recieve it, Affirm it, Treasure it, Insirational, Thoughtful, Unlimited, Deliver it, Experience it!!!" AND "In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful but gratefulness that makes us happy!"

4. Quilting Friends
McKenzie and I dropped off 5 quilts to Betty (our Quilter lady) this week. YEAH!!! Well, for us-- not our pocketbooks! LOL!  (Disclaimer to Ryan and Brett: Do NOT read this one!!) I'll have to post pictures when we get them back in November sometime. Since moving to Fargo, I have learned so much and enjoyed such fabulous quilting friends. I am so grateful for every project we've done (and even those still in the "to be done" piles), the fabric we've discovered together, the stitches we have unpicked, the beds and backs of couches we have covered and the memories we've made! I have a wooden plaque in my front room (from one of my dear Quilting friends that left me!) that says, "In this Crazy Quilt of life, I am glad you are in my Block of friends!" So true, so true! 
5. Rush Hour traffic
Well...O.K.- There might be a couple more cars during real rush hour traffic but not by much. ;) I start freaking out when we slow down to 50 in a 55 MPH area. Oh crap! Even though, I LOVE this about Fargo, it has ruined me for all big cities and their freakishly crowded roads! LOL!
So... What are YOU grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment