Ads 468x60px

Goodbye "Numm"- R.I.P.

Some kids choose to suck on thumbs... others binkies... still others sippy cups but our little Glory?... well, she found her "NUMM". We were given a blanket from Marni & Joel Smith as a baby gift when little Miss Glory was born. It was super soft and before too long Glory found the silky white tag that was attached to one corner. She stuck it in her mouth and that was it! What is it they say?...The rest is history! She has sucked and dragged and loved this thing to death! Actually, it's really disgusting to touch or even look at. We finally got to the point where I had to sneak it away twice a week to throw it in the laundry just so I could claim it really was clean. LOL! Just in the last couple of months, she finally lost part of the backing to a thread-bareness problem. I had to cut a huge chunk off. Over the last couple of weeks- slobbery, stinky "Numm" has been hanging on for dear life by a thread. ;)
So imagine.... 2 AM this morning- a cry from the Girl's room. Being a single mom today, I drag my behind out of bed to see what happened. So, so sad but "NUMM" finally died. I guess it just couldn't hang on any longer. I found poor "Numm" laying in Glory's hand. My baby was so sad!!! I explained I couldn't do anything about it. I told her to just snuggle with her blanket and I even offered her a different one with a tag and finally just turned her music back on and left. ;( Sad day at the Seamons! She cried a couple more times in the night. I went to comfort her and she told me in her "only translatable to a Mother" language that I could fix it. ;) When she got up this morning, she went looking for it. Sorry baby- it's gone!
To add to the sadness of the story...Her normal nap of 2- 2 1/2 hours was only an hour today. Oh, sad day! "Numm"- we will miss you!!!!
In loving memory of our friend, Numm....

No comments:

Post a Comment