Ads 468x60px

Christmas Letter 2010- A Year of PRESENTs

We must be having some FUN here cuz' time is flying! With another year come and gone, we have the chance to contemplate all the gifts we have been blessed with. WOW! Is that ever overwhelming!? We could never express how grateful we are to have a loving Heavenly Father that is mindful of us every second of every day. What a fabulous time of year to take a moment to really let the gift of His Only Begotten Son sink into our hearts!!!! What a perfect plan He has created to allow us to come to the Earth, experience life- learn, grow, love, follow Him- and return to Him as an Eternal family. At this Christmastime, can we add a few items to your list of things to do? LOL! May we all (1) take a moment to let the Gift of the Season sink in, (2) hug & kiss those we love and (3) show an extra bit of Gratitude to our Father above. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a Present and not giving it." –Thomas S. Monson

And while ya’ll are doing that list, let me share a bit of what gifts our Frozen fam :o) has been blessed with this year…
Gifts the Big Papa received-
A beautiful, talented, loving wife that always makes me look better than I am, fantastic kids that follow the Savior and love to have fun, a great job that still gives me time to spend with my family, health, the Savior, great parents, Temples, great sisters/bro-in-laws, enjoyment with projects (even if it takes a while to finish a few of them, sorry Shay), a warm house (especially here in Fargo), cars to drive, more than 17 lbs. of belongings in a handcart, and great friends.
The Big Momma’s list of gifts-
An AMMMMMAZING best friend & Hubby, the most patient kids ever while I learn to not be such a mean Mom ;), my health, a great metabolism (knock on wood), a chance to stretch out of my comfort zone and teach the Gospel in its simplest form (Gospel Essential Teacher for the Church), the bestest friends anyone could ask for, a beautiful home, my Testimony of the Savior and His restored Church, family & friends across the country, being able to visit the whole spectrum of hair color in one year, learning new craft skills like button-making & glass etching, technology that allows me to keep an extensive journal online to share with loved ones and of course- being able to print that into an amazing Family History book. I have been so blessed with gifts that overflow my ability to contain them.
Gifts of "B", Berty, Sissy, Bonita-
a great 4th grade teacher, a fabulous love of reading, the opportunity to read all 7 books of Harry Potter, overcoming a bad habit and getting ears pierced, making it to Level 2 in Piano, having so many great friends, my leadership skills on Student Council, chances to share the Gospel with my friends, cell phones (texting) {Mom, how old do I gotta be to have a cell phone?} & computers to stay in touch with my family & friends, and spending time with my loved ones.
Presents to Brother, Rock, Buddy, Guapo-
my parents, my sisters, going hunting for the 1st time with Dad, finishing Super Mario Bros on the Wii, becoming an awesome speller & reader, being an amazing breakfast maker (eggs are my specialty), earning the $4,000,000,000 limit on Stars Wars and having every possible thing you can own on the game, being great at Defense in football, my contagious laughter, the opportunity to CTR, for God’s plan and being with my family forever.
Gifts given to Toria, Sis, Linda, Gigi/Sunshine-
having a stay-at-home-Mom, helping my family every day, my Artistic ability (does paper grow on trees?), attending my Co-op Preschool so I can learn & play with friends, being the best cleaner in the house, developing my babysitting skills, getting my hair cut like my sister, my sunshine-eyed smile, learning to not be a plumber (pull those pants up, kid!), living somewhere cold enough to play outside in the snow 7 months of the year and celebrating Christmas so we can get and give presents.
Baby, GloryLori, Bella, Gracie Lou’s gifts this year-
being stinkin’ cute, being a part of a loving family, having Dora the Explorer as my best friend, discovering I can talk A LOT!, playing with Baby Sophie, learning to cut my own bangs so Justice wouldn’t be the only one with really short hair ;), that God created puppies just for me, my silly-ness, my brother & sisters that take care of me, being able to pray every day to my Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ. Amen.

We’ll leave you with a quote from one of our favorite movies that has been on my mind lately (This month always seems to get way crazy, busy--- or is it just me????) which just seemed appropriate for this Season of gifts, boxes, bows and wrapping paper.

"Yesterday is history....
tomorrow is mystery....
but today.... is a gift....
that is why it's called PRESENT"- master oogway

At this CHRISTmas Season and during the New Year- may you always have a Present to unwrap!

Merry Christmas 2010!
Love, The Seamons Fam
Brett, Sheleray, Liberty, Justice, Victoria & Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment