Ads 468x60px

Smørbrød Partay (pronounced Smurd-a-bra)

We had our Annual Smørbrød Partay tonight. It's become a fun little tradition to have the Neutebooms, Friederichs and Ironroads (due to procrastination and miscommunication they didn't come this year) to our get-together every December. I love that I can carry on a tradition from when I was growing up and share it with my Fargo family! We started late this year so that Steve could make it after work. It was so fun to have them all. We ate and played and visited until almost 11 pm. Wowzers- time flies when you're having fun! ;)
We always have tons of Scandanavian food and desserts. There's open-faced sandwiches of every kind. This year the kids helped us make all of them. We made ones with crab salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, goat cheese, tomatoes and egg, ham, turkey, chicken, american cheese, and pepper-jack cheese. We love trying all the different breads. We had wheat, white, pumpernickel, rye, marble rye, and cracked wheat. Our favorite by far was the Marble Rye. Yum! For dessert I, of course, made Krumkaker. We love it! Justice helped me eat all the one that didn't quite work out! LOL! I didn't burn the Berlinikranser this year so that was a bonus! I really wanted to make Goro but couldn't make myself spend the money for the Iron this year so I bought some Pizzeles instead. Close enough, right!? I also added Walnut Brownies this year since we always had those growing up as well. Pretty good stuff, I must say!
The kids all played awesome as usual. And we had a fabulous time visiting and laughing and listening to Christmas music by the "Open Fire" [I found this amazing DVD this year that turns your TV into a Fireplace- I'm so excited!!!!]
Thanks for coming guys!
We sure luv ya! See ya next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment