Ads 468x60px

Friday Fargo Favorites #10

 
1. Super Squirrels
Before I moved to Fargo, I believed that squirrels hibernated. Well, the Super Squirrels of Fargo do NOT! There are around ALL Winter and leave peanut shells all over the place. Those kind animal-lovers keep them fed well. ;) It is a fact that you gotta have tough skin to live up here. Eventually, you learn to adapt to your surroundings and the cold won't even phaze you. That fact is evident even in the simplest of animals. LOL!
2. 15 minutes to Anywhere
Where would you like to go today? North? South? East? West? The airport? The grocery store? Walmart? The fabric Store? Your friends house? Church? The next State? Well, in Fargo you can get there within 15 minutes. Literally. Anywhere you want to go, you can get there EVEN in rush hour traffic. So perfect for my less-than-patient driving disorder. What a blessing! (Disclaimer- Fargo Blizzards void any previous comments)
3. Thanksgiving Crafts/Decor
Before the Thanksgiving Holiday is too far and gone, I want to pay tribute to some of my favorite Thanksgiving decor. Some I did before I moved here and remind me of family back West. Others I have made with my dear friends out here. All bring a smile to my face. Happy Thanksgiving until next year!
 
4. Sump Pumps
Another thing I never even knew existed until we moved to Fargo is Sump Pumps. Well, I have been initiated time and time again since our move. Read about our Sump Pump adventures here. Normally the sump pump hole fills up, the pump turns on, spits the water up & out of the house, around the corner and out the black tube into the front yard. But during the Winter, the second that water makes it outside our walls- it freezes. That doesn't work so well for the rest of the water trying to get out. LOL! For the cold months here in our fair city (let's not comment on how many months that is;), we have to switch it to drain into the indoor pipes. A couple of years ago, Brett rigged something up that took the pipe clear across the laundry room and into the drain for the washing machine. Needless to say- not attractive and it frequently caused a water fountain if the sump pump drained at the same time as the wash. Let's just say- It made for interesting Laundry day adventures. Well, this week, my amazing hubby switched the pipe to go the other way. He even installed a fancy switch. No more undoing the pipe (which spilled all over the floor) to switch it to the indoors. And no more water fountains in my laundry room. Hurray! Thanks Love!
5. Junk Art
We've seen this statue lots on our trips out to Casselton but with the Holiday season upon us, it seemed to bring on new meaning. Put on a string of lights, a few ornaments, and a star. Whoala! Merry Christmas! Even the simplest things can remind us of the Savior. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!"

So..... What are you Grateful for
in your City?

No comments:

Post a Comment