Ads 468x60px

Utah Vacation: Partay @ the Rasmussens

After East Canyon, we got to spend some time at the Rasmussen's home for a couple nights. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) We LOVE them! They have always been the greatest examples to our family. Lori & Lou are so much fun! Lou's hilarious and makes us laugh all the time. Lori is absoluetly the most thoughtful person I have every met. When I grow up (I'm not yet?), I hope I can be even a little bit like her. All her kids are amazing! Alex is serving a mission right now in Cali so we sure missed him. But it was so fun to get to hang out with Zach, Jake and Anna. They are all grown up now. How does that happen? Jake was a tiny baby (ok-he was never tiny LOL!), the first time I met him. (15 years ago- oh my gosh- where does time fly?) They are great kids! Hope my kids look to them as examples of what to shoot for. Luv them! They shared their home, their garden, their camera/computer, their doggie and their amazing musical talent with us! It was so much fun!
While Brett was off playing at Lagoon and fishing (in his defense-he did take one or two of the kids with him each time;), the little girls and me hung out with Lori. She was so gracious to let Victoria be her helper. Victoria wanted to help her with everything! She dug potatoes and helped wash them for potato salad. She even wanted to cut them all up with her. She helped feed the dog and water the garden. Glory and Victoria even helped shuck corn. Big helpers, I tell ya! Lori also spoiled me by letting me visit some local quilt shops. Oh yeah! A fabric-aholic paradise! So much fun! She watched the girls for one and then watched them at a little park for the other. Thanks Lori! I'll have to show you what I make with the treasures I found! ;)
Around 6ish (Vacation time always runs more on "ishes"), most of the Seamons crew came down to the Rasmussens for a BBQ to say goodbye. Fabulous food and wonderful people! Brett and the kids even made it back for part of it. LOL! It was so great to see everyone. They are all so awesome! Thanks for making time to see us guys! We sure love you!
Before, we left town we had to make sure we got a "Stephen" picture. Brett's grandpa's name was Henry Stephen Seamons. Brett's dad's name is Garold Stephen Seamons. Then, Brett Stephen Seamons and his son Justice Stephen Seamons. Pretty cool! Lori and Lou named Zachary Stephen after Grandpa as well. The last picture we got of the 4 of them was at Justice's baby blessing so it was about time for another, ya think? Zach will be on a mission next time we come out so we made sure to fit it in even if we had to drag him in all hot & sweaty for a lawn-mowing break. Thanks Zach!

No comments:

Post a Comment