Ads 468x60px

Utah Vacation: Bestemor

We got to do a little Walk Down Memory Lane (aka Boxelder Street) when we went to say hi to Bestemor today. I showed the kids the house I grew up in, Sadler's 1st house that I spent hours at, the little green house we lived in for a bit and my Bestemor's Farm (JK but when you see the next collage you'll see why I call it that). After our visit, we drove by the house we lived in before we moved to Fargo and hoped over to the Sadlers as well which we lived in for 9 months too. (Nobody was home which was a bummer. Sorry we missed you guys but we did drop off Uncle Bud's Lagoon picture.)
The Andersen home (in honor of my Grandpa Karl) has always prided itself in Norwegian hospitality. Bestemor made sure she fed us home-made brownies during our visit. I took a chance to take some pictures of some of the things that have been hanging on Bestemor's walls for as long as I can remember. Memorabilia from her travels around the world. I, also, came across a "Tractor Trophy" I made her in 1989. Too funny! It looks exactly the same as it did when I made it 22 years ago- Now that is some good craftmanship! LOL! After a little photo op of me, her and the kids (She made sure she changed into her fancy silk shirt from China for the occasion), she switched back and took us on a tour of her farm. We saw the pheasants, the chickens, the turkeys and even got to take a few fresh farm eggs home with us! She had hip surgery at the beginning of the Summer so she never really got her garden in or we would have been loaded with produce too, I'm sure. Thanks Bestemor for letting us visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment