Ads 468x60px

Utah Vacation: East Canyon

For over 30 years, my Bestemor (means Grandma in Norwegian) has gone to the East Canyon Resort [http://www.eastcanyon.com/] up Parley's every Summer. Growing up, my family spent lots of time there. We got lucky enough that this week is her time at the Resort. My mom got our fam an extra condo for a couple nights. (Thanks Mom- we had a great time!) We made it up in time for an awesome Sunday dinner with the Sadler family. Kathie made her yummy casserole and home-made brownies which the kids got to decorate. DELICIOUS! Thanks Kathie!
[Kathie also brought a few of my quilts that I had left here all quilted for me. They are so gorgeous! I LOVE them!!! Victoria, Glory and little Trae loved them even more. They laid on every one and would wrap up in them. Too cute! Thanks Kathie- they look so gorgeous! I owe you big time!!!!]
It was fun to visit and see everyone. (Treston & Shelley had a Bday Party for Brigham so they didn't make it up- but we did get to see them a couple of time earlier in the week) Everyone changes so much in a couple years. It's crazy! Thanks for making time to see us, guys! We sure miss all of you!
My Dad & Edette came up as well to spend some more time with us. While we were visiting and eating, Grandpa Randy kept the kids busy and happy with a little grass fight. I really think the Resort should have paid them for mowing the lawn. LOL!
After dinner, the Laroccos and Bud & Kathie had to leave, but the rest of us went for a walk around the Resort grounds. I forgot how much I like it up there. We let the kids play on the playground for a bit. They loved it! We crossed the bridge and even got to see a deer by the river. We absolutely enjoyed the crisp, mountain air! Man-- I miss that!
In the morning, my Dad & Edette let Justice, Glory, Victoria and me tag along for a scenic drive and short stop at the East Canyon Reservoir. (Everyone else was still asleep) Actually, we tagged them along with us because their car wouldn't start. ;) We made it all the way around to the damn and back. Of course, the kids favorite part was throwing rocks in the lake. Not sure the fishermen really appreciated it but hey- we ARE on vacation!!!! Throughout our time at the Resort- water was thoroughly enjoyed. Along with swimming and rock throwing, the kids also liked sticking their feet in the river and seeing the wildlife. We got to see a baby beaver and a family of ducks along with the deer we saw the first day. God's creations are amazing!
Can I just say?-- I LOVE shuffleboard!!! It is so much fun! We need one at our place. We played a couple of games- Dad & Brett vs Edette & Shay; Tauni & Kortni vs. Brett & Shay & Victoria. It was so much fun even though I think I lost every game badly! LOL! After the kids played tennis with Tauni & Kortni they tried their luck as well. Takara (aka gimpy) even came as an audience. :)
And of course, there's the pool! My fishy kids love the water! On the first night there, we went over to say hi to those that were in the hot tub. The boys (I mean Muscle-ly Men- my brother, Trave and cousin, Trae) were hilarious!! The were posing like their were in the IronMan Contest! The second picture I took (not shown), my step-mom, Edette showed them up. LOL! So funny! I really miss the fun we have together!
During our stay at the resort- my sister, Tauni made our whole family (& everyone else up there) twisted bracelets. (I'm not sure what the technique is called). They are awesome!!! You have to measure from fingertip to fingertip to get started. Well, after we did Glory's bracelet, it became tradition for her to stand in front of Tauni with her arms stretched every time she saw her. It was so funny! Tauni taught my girl's how to do them as well. Tauni let them have several skeins of floss and they were making them the rest of the vacation. We LOVE them! Thanks Sis for the little momento!
We had a blast! Hurray for East Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment