Ads 468x60px

Utah Vacation: Utah's Hogle Zoo

This year, I bought a Year Membership to the Chahinkapa Zoo in Wahepton, ND. Part of my decision was that you can get into the Utah's Hogle Zoo for free. Since I knew I was coming to Utah soon- it sweetened the deal. Whahoo! or.... NOT! When we made it to Hogle Zoo, they only gave us half off. Dang! They said they changed it about a year ago. But I just got my pass 4 weeks ago? Oh well. You win some, you lose some, right? Irritating though. (See the money-saving gene strikes again. LOL!) But we did have a good time at Utah's Hogle Zoo. We met Treston & part of his family (they had plans to have the whole family come and then Brigham got sick- Sorry guys- we missed you Shelley & Brigham) along with his sister-in-law- Mary. Tauni & Kortnie, Grandma Karla & Ryer and Grandpa Randy came as well. Justice ditched us to spend more time with Ethan but we did manaage to steal Miss Halle for the adventure. Lots to see and lots of fun! When we got ot the zoo, we rented a double stroller which was a life-saver for the little girls. By the end- all my girls we piled in there. Good thing that my hubby is so buff! ;)
Most of us took a ride on the Merry-go-Round. {Brett got a work phone call and went MIA for about an hour so he missed it- gotta love the working man} I obviously got a little bias on my pictures but there were more kids and they all had  a blast. Although, I'm not sure "round-n-round-n-round" is my favorite anymore. Side-affect of growing older, I guess? LOL! But very cute animals. Just darling!
We did the shortened, fast version of the animals at the Zoo so that we could make it to the 1:00 Bird Show. It was great! God's creatures are pretty amazing! They had hawks, doves, performing parrots, chickens, silly penguins and eagles. They even let some audience members participate. Really cool! At the end, you got to feed the birds money and they would put them inside the donation box. If you donated $5 or more, you could get your picture taken wih ones of the BIG birds. Guess which one we picked? LOL! Isn't that Bald Eagle beautiful?? Thanks Dad for taking pictures for us. (My new camera's battery died. I was having a cow not being able to get the pictures I wanted. ARRGH!!!)
When the bird show was done, Grandma Karla treated us all to lunch. (Thanks Mom!) Then for the Sadlers boys, of course (because who wouldn't like train with a grandfather named Grandpa Whoo-whoo)--- the Zoo day wouldn't have been complete without a Choo-Choo ride. All aboard!
PS. And in case it doesn't look like it---we did see some animals and enjoyed them very much.
Lots of fun! Thanks everyone for joining us.
We had a Zoo-rific time!

No comments:

Post a Comment