Ads 468x60px

Utah Vacation: Heading East, Temples & the Hoffmans

WOW!! Are you totally exhausted? I am!! And just from blogging about this trip! Good thing I am stubbon or I'd be throwing the towel in on this whole "Preserve the Memories" crap! My kids have been giving me a hard time the last day or two- they think I spend ALL my time on the blog. Poppycuck! Then I'd like to know who's been making the food and doing laundry and changing poopy diapers all week? Kid Perspective- isn't it great?
Ok- so our 2010 Utah journey is almost at it's end. I promise! LOL! After a few goodbyes, we headed out leaving our beloved mountain-y state behind.
Brett and I have a goal this year to make it to the Temple 6 times each. We used to go at least once a month when we lived in Utah but since moving to Fargo, a single Temple trip is an all day, 9 hour, round-trip journey to just do a session. So, even though six doesn't seem like a lot- we felt it was do-able but also a little stretch for us with little kids still at home. Well, since we ONLY (LOL) saw a minimum of 9 temples in the last two weeks, we thought we'd better get us to some of them. We did do the session together in the Salt Lake Temple but decided to do separate visits to different Temples on our journey home. We made our way North and dropped Brett off to do a session at the Idaho Falls Temple while the kids and I went to visit some friends. It is a beautiful Temple. And can you tell?- I LOVED the flowers!
It worked out perfect because our friends, the Hoffmans, just moved from Fargo this week to Rexberg. (The Rexberg Temple is actually closed this week for cleaning or it would have been about a 5-minute ride- lucky-they are so close) We gave them less than 24 hours to have the place presentable for visitors. Sorry about that! But actually the place looks great! That's Amber for ya! Luv ya lady! It was fun to visit and see their new home. It is darling! They have the best street names EVER!!! They have an adorable little townhouse, a 2 car garage, a BBQ patio, a great grass area, a playground and an amazing Clubhouse. Amber is going to have to become the Partay Queen out there. She has the room for it for sure! A pool, a fireplace, a kitchen, a sitting area, a work-out room and a movie theater. Wowzers! Too much fun! Maybe I'll have to come to your Ornamanet Exchange this year- Can I be invited?? LOL! Thanks lady for letting us drop by- your place is great! We'll miss you tons! Be brave, out-going, invite some people for dinner and throw lots of parties for me! ;) Best of Luck, Hoffmans!
After our night's rest at the Fairfield Inn, I left my sleeping family and went to a session at the Billings, Montana Temple. I really enjoy the quietness and peace I feel in the Temple. They truly are the House of the Lord. When I got done, I walked around the grounds- the rocky backdrop to the Temple was awesome!  I also got to see a bride, her groom and her mother come to the Temple to be sealed. It's so fun to watch the excitement as people start their lives together. Ahh! The memories!
What a fabulous trip! Except for a couple incidents, I actually could almost call it a vacation! (Are they ever a vacation for the Mom?) We, of course, had other things we could have done, more people we would have loved to see, more time we could have spent with the people we did see- but all in all- we had a great time!
Thanks for all those who made time to see us! The memories are priceless. We so appreciate your love and laughter and friendship! Until we meet again--- Love ya all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment