Ads 468x60px

Unfinished Projects Done- Check!!!

Not my projects today, people!! This time... I am bragging for my friends! (this is a quite a few months in the making but time flies when you're having fun)...
Hanging out with awesome ladies. Check!!
Crafters heaven. Check!
Projects completed. Check!
WAHOO! Onto new things but first a little look at the hard work!
Haylie Mae- Matt & Haylie needed a King size Comforter for their bed and the "Indian" in Matt made a store-bought quilt unexceptable. So... Haylie and  I went on a little journey together (well- I think Haylie thought it was LONG! LOL but she seemed way speedy to me!) She did a fabulous job and it looks awesome! Now we just need a couple throw pillows (hint hint Lady!) and the bed will be Parade of Homes worthy!
Brooke Cook- Brooke has been carrying a little Art to Heart Christmas Pattern Book around with her for a couple years now. She had grand plans to make these adorable Christmas Stockings for each of her 8 family members. She worked on them here and there a little at a time. Well, after Christmas, we decided (OK- it was probably more me than Brooke LOL) that the time had come to get them done and retire the book for good! We have been getting together every Tuesday since the beginning of the year. We sadly missed our Jan 31 deadline goal by 31 days (we do have 4 kids and lunch and naps and craziness going on our Sewing Tuesdays as well- LOL) but they are FINISHED! Hallelujah!!! SO adorable but if we don't see them until Christmas it will be a good thing! Aren't they Amazing?
Ashlee Weber- Ashlee has gotten dragged into a couple Quilt making projects with me over the last couple years. When she first started she was very timid but MAN! look at her now. She is like a hundred times faster and more precise than 3 years ago. Sadly for us, Nick graduates very, very soon and then they are moving. But we have unfinished projects to be done! AHHHH! Aren't deadlines great? LOL! Ashlee's been coming over to finish her Scripture Power Quilt and I made it over for a late night date to finish up her Friendship Quilt. They look awesome! Your like a pro sew-er now, Lady! BEAUTIFUL! We are even gonna get brave and make it over to the Ransom's to quilt them ourselves. Go us!!!

Deb Stephenson- Deb was also dragged into the little Quilt Adventure with me 3 years ago. This is her first quilt and most likely her last but it is so exciting! She took the day off to hang out with me and sew. I gave her a coupon last year for her Bday to quilt it when we finished piecing it so I'll have to post a picture when it's all done. Great job on the piecing, Lady! Look at you go! and thanks for using your vacation time to hang out with me. Luv ya! I know you can't see the finished quilt due to the Sunshine but it was a beautiful day so you'll just have to imagine what it looks like until we get it all quilted and bound. It's gonna be amazing!
KBro- First, a little background about our Fall Friendship Quilts... (or maybe about Brooke and I in general. LOL) When we came up with the idea, Brooke and I did a little calculating, browsing the Internet and buying EXTRA fabric. Cuz that's what we do really well. LOL! Anywho- we got tons of fabric for sashing and borders and extra colors and then a few fat quarter packs just cuz we loved a certain pattern. Needless to say- we have A LOT of the Fabulous Fall fabric. Well, for the Friendship quilt we only included the fabric for the blocks for the ladies and they were in charge of getting the rest. However, even after finishing mine completely and doing Ashlee's, I told Kristen I had enough to have her add sashing and some splash of color to her quilt with all my leftovers. I told you we bought a LOT of fabric. YEAH! I'm so excited and I love how they all turn out so different. We'll have to take a pic when you get it done lady! With your last couple projects we can really call you a master Quilter now!
So there you have it. Spending time with great women and finishing projects. What more could a girl ask for? NOTHING! LUVed every minute! Sew much fun!!! You ladies are AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment