Ads 468x60px

Temple Trip


Disclaimer: Haylie did such a great job of summarizing our trip- I am going to copycat most of her post! :)
It has been way too long since Haylie & I have been to the Temple. I've been kind of down spiritually lately and was dragging my feet on even going (making excuses of time and expense and blah and blah). Actually, I called Haylie last night to finally say I would pick her up in the morning. I am SOOO glad we went.
It was the fastest 3 hour trip to Bismarck we have experienced yet, although it might have to do with the fact that Jamestown somehow disappeared during this trip. I swear!!! Kinda scary but I seriously spaced half the trip! Haylie promised me she's gonna point out Jamestown the next time. I'm sure you're now all excited to hire me as a chauffeur. In my defense, it was rainy and cloudy and except for the ocassional "mountain" (ND rolling hills), it all looks the same. I do promise I was a safe driver- I just got lost in the company of a good friend. LOL!
When we got there we were 30 minutes early, a first for me, so we got to sit out in the front area and relax. It's always fun to see so many people you recognize in the Temple. (even when you don't make it as regularly as you should :) That's the wonderful thing about smaller Temples.
After the session, we sat in the Celestial room for quite some time discussing some of the things that caught our attention during the session. I like to concentrate on learning something new every time. This time, I could write a talk about what I learned!!! (and I just might! :) But the short and sweet of it is Daily Scripture study and how even the Creation of the world shows us how important it is and the steps we need to take to set up a regular study of God's Word. It also means--I have somethings to work on. :) That's nothing new though, right?
The Celestial Room was so beautiful and peacful and quiet. Not the "all the kids are now finally in bed and we tidied up a bit and watched a show and now I'm going to lay here in the quiet for 2 seconds before I fall asleep" kind of quiet BUT the kind that you can breathe in. I really needed some of that! We ended up being the last ones in the room and it was wonderful sitting there in the silence. I also got to show Haylie the Tissue box covers I made for the Bismarck Temple last year. It was fun to see them in the Celestial Room- they're even prettier than I remember them!
Remember how I said I had a bad mood about coming-- and how it was rainy on the trip out. Well...I definitely came out with a better attitude and low and behold- the sun came out as well. Too funny how God can tell you He's keeping an eye on you even with a simple little sunshine. I was very grateful!
We went to a late lunch at the Olive Garden.  We had a good time talking and eating delicious food. Then we headed for home. Another fast 3 hours, lots of giggles, running over a dead skunk and smelling it for the next 20 minutes resulting in a story about a bullet bike running over a cat, an interesting fact about the gigantic bison statue in Jamestown (don't ask!) and then we were home! We haven't talked or laughed that much in a long time. It's so great to have such fabulous friends to make special lasting memories with. Thanks lady for making the trip with me. Sure luv ya!
I sure LOVE the Temple and the opportunity I have to feel of God's love when I am there!

No comments:

Post a Comment