Ads 468x60px

Hearing the Prophet Speak

What better and more uplifting way to spend Easter weekend than to listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak to us about the Savior? We had a fabulous weekend listening and watching the Semi-Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Technology today is so amazing. I can't even imagine those in the pioneer days that would sacrifice days and travel to hear the Prophet speak. Now, we go downstairs, flip on the computer and within a few clicks, we are watching it live in our our home from anywhere in the world. It's pretty amazing.
Here's our favorite parts of this Conference--
Brett:  
Shay: I think my favorite talk was, by far, President Thomas S. Monson's talk about "If a man dies- Shall he live again?" He shared about trials of life and about Job and his question of this. He tesitified that the answer to this is found with the Savior on that Easter morn. He tesitifed of  the Savior's Atonement, sacrifice, death and resurrection. He is Risen!!! I add my testimony to that of this latter-day Prophet. I know that the Savior knows me--my trials, my family, my heart. He suffered for me and He has risen! May we all remember the Savior during this season of new life and always!!!
Liberty:  President Deiter F. Uchtdorf 's talk "Ye are My Hands" I liked the part where they carved in the statue "We are His Hands".
Justice:  Breakfast at the Ironroads 
Victoria:  "That they singed"
Glory: Justice thinks she liked the breakfast too. Victoria agrees because Glory always has a messy face when she eats. LOL! :)

Also, one of my favorite things about this weekend was that I got to go to the Chapel for the Easter Sunday morning session with some of my dear friends. It was a marvelous session and so great to be able to sit and actually listen and soak it all in. As a mother of 4, that is a rarity. :) {and for those that heard Sister Beck's talk-- I am NOT whining just stating facts!!LOL} Thanks ladies for sharing that opportunity with me. Luv ya all! (Aren't we just such good-lookin' ladies?)

No comments:

Post a Comment