Ads 468x60px

The Annual Easter Hunt

Every year growing up, my dear Grandma Crump (who passed away a couple years ago) held an amazing Easter Hunt in her very large (an acre or so) backyard. She always prepared a fabulous Easter meal enough to feed the five thousand. Her hunt (including a handwritten list) included 20 or more Easter-themed items including money, egges, pencils, candy, and the famous marshmallow-filled chocolate egg with your name on it. :) When you came back inside, she always supplied some kind of  basket to put your loot in. She also made sure that the adults all got a basket full of stuff as well. Our family was already large when I was young but as I grew so did the family. My sweet grandma just kept doing it and she would even make sure there was stuff for guests we brought. She was AMAZING!!!! The whole thing was quite eggstraordinary!!!!
Well, the year after we moved to Fargo, I decided that the tradition needed to be kept here in our little part of the world. Not quite as fabulous but fun nonetheless. Of course, my hunt is quite a bit smaller and Microsoft Word has taken over the handwritten list but I do have a lot of fun shopping for all the items and filling the eggs and hiding it all! And you know how I LOVE a ParTay!
Here's our list for this year:
Here's our beautiful guests:
Here's the Easter Hunters:
Here's our Easter Feast:
And the Extra fun:
Thanks to all our dear friends for coming and keeping my Grandma's tradition alive!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment