Ads 468x60px

Lost Behind the Sewing Machine

I have been a little MIA these past couple weeks. I kinda have been struggling with a self pity-party of friendship changes and the way I cope is usually with fabric. It's a constant friend of mine- something I can always count on to be there (even if I don't want it to be ;) Literally!!!...Have you seen my Craft Room??? LOL!) So.. here's what I've been up to lately with my eternal friend:
Lilly's Bedroom Quilt. This is McKenzie's first Quilt. She kind of got thrown into a huge project by allowing me to "help" her with it! ;) The fabric is from Moda's Frolic line. McKenzie learned how to piece, pin, iron, put on borders, and bind. (Well..sorta- she kept us fed for sure! We did discover that she is an amazing "Nester" if nothing else! LOL ) The quilt turned out way too cute! One down & at least one more to go!! Hang in there, Maggie- we'll get to yours soon. I promise!:
Gobble Gobble Quilt completed finally. I have had this for quite a while. Just got brave enough to get it to the quilter. Got the binding on in one day- I was so excited! The back of my couch is all set for Thanksgiving:
A Closeup of the Quilting. I LOVE it! It's in variegated thread:
Jill Erickson's stockings (This is her first applique project- pretty awesome!] Jill has wanted to learn applique for a long time. She finally got brave enough. She found a picture of some stockings online and asked me if it were possible to make them & if I'd teach her. Of COURSE! Anything's possible with a picture! And a chance to share my fabric room & fabric for applique- Absolutely!!! We have a few finishing touches but they are really turning out cute! Way to go, Jill!:
A Christmas line of fabric that has taken on a life of it's own!!! But it's so darling! I found this fabric 2 Fridays ago. I had NO idea what I was going to make with them but I bought some of it all anyways. I did a little google search and went crazy! Can't wait to get them all quilted! I'm going to try to do a couple of them myself! Yeah for me!
The Christmas Quilt: I bought soft. minky cream for the back and then I have a striped binding. The brown stripes on thw quilt are chenille so they will fray after I wash it. It'll be a bit like a rag quilt effect. So freakin' darling! I hope to get it quilted with some kind of holly berry pattern. I can't wait!!!:
My December Wall hanging cuz everyone should have a wall hanging for every month, right? I think I'll add stars or peppermints buttons to the tree tops. I have brown binding ready as well.:
My Tree skirt for the "big tree" that I'll someday have. LOL! {It might look a little humungous under my 4-foot fiber optic tree} Once it's quilted, I'll cut it between the two side presents and cut out the middle of the red bow. Then bind it in that striped fabric on the right. I am so excited about this one!!!!:
Peppermint Lollipops for the kids. The kids LOVED the peppermints on the wall hanging and asked if they could have some for fun. Why not? I think they turned out really cute. Glory loves to really lick it. Too funny!:
Here's a close up of them:
Thanks Fabric Friend!!! Such fun things we can do together!

No comments:

Post a Comment