Ads 468x60px

Friday Fargo Favorites #7

1. Freezer Meals
I discovered Freezer Meals here in Fargo. I know that they aren't a Fargo-Only thing but I love that for me- this is where they started. I love making them, freezing them (individually on cookie sheets so they lay really flat), stacking them, admiring them and of course, eating them! Minimal dirty dishes on the serving day and always fabulous! I also have become crazy about cooking up extra Chicken and Hamburger so that all I have to do is defrost and throw it in whatever I'm making. Of course, I used what fruits and veggies we grew in the garden to save for the long winter and made up lots of yummy jam. So... Tada! Both of our freezers are stocked full of meals, meats, peaches, butternut squash, rhubarb (thanks Jen!), zucchini, freezer jam and bags of smoothie fruit (I'm trying hard Cheri to be like you! LOL)!!! Yeah for Freezers!

Inside Freezer

Outside Freezer

2. Last of the Leaves
Even though having 4 big trees in your yard can be a pain in the Fall- I love watching the kids rake, jump, play and laugh in all the leaves. We cleaned up the last of them this week but the kids LOVED every minute of them. Goodbye until next year our dear Leaf Friends!!!!
3. Hunting Season
I'm really NOT an animal person so the Hunting Season doesn't make me cringe like others. (I'm not a "Run, Bambi, Run" kind of person- Sorry Jen LOL!) I don't believe in animal cruelty by any means but a little meat for my family makes it a worthy cause. One of my fondest memories of Justice here in Fargo will always be the Deer Hunt the year before he started Kindergarten. So funny! Brett had brought home a Bambi from the Hunt. He hung it in the garage for a few days to do whatever it is that that does! ;) The girls tried to avoid being out there. A little too gross for us! But Justice would go out to visit any chance he got. Then, it came to the meat processing event. Matt & Brett had a little helper as they did their thing. Justice stood behind that deer and held it's legs the whole time- for ALL of it! LOL! Yucky! To make matters even funnier- he ended up explaining the whole process to his Kindergarten class for Show-n-Tell. The kids thought it was great but the Teacher... not so much!!! Gotta love kids growing up in ND during Hunting Season. LOL!
P.S. Justice got to go for his 1st Deer Hunt yesterday. He's been begging Brett to go for years. He gladly got up at 5:15 AM to go. He LOVES being with his Dad!
4. Yard Work
I love my yard here in Fargo! Growing up, I never really remember helping in the yard (I don't remember a whole lot so that doesn't mean I didn't ;). Then as an adult, Brett & I spent the (1) first 8 years of our marriage in a condo, (2) followed by time at my Aunt & Uncle's place [NO- I did NOT mow his yard- LOL!!], (3) a few months in our 1st real home but pretty much during the Winter, and (4) 6 months in an apartment here in Fargo until we (5) bought this home. But- let me tell you- I LOVE to be in the yard!! No green thumb by any means but get me in the dirt and behind the lawn mower and I love it! This week, I mowed up the last of the leaves, moved some Iris' to the side of house, and built up around the window well. Pat on the back for me!!
5. Tucking in my Socks
You always know the weather is turning cold when I resort to tucking my socks into my pants to go to sleep. Too bad the worst is yet to come!!!! LOL! We've been teasing some of the newcomers lately that living in Fargo during the Winter is like Childbirth. It can be painful to go through and by the time it's over- you think you could never do it again. But then sun starts to shine, the snow melts, you enjoy the friends and all the memories, the pain fades and you do it again!!! So, my advice to my new friends---Just tuck your socks in ladies and enjoy the adventure!!!! In the Spring, I'll make you T-shirts that say "I Survived a Fargo Winter" LOL!

So.. What are you GRATEFUL for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment