Ads 468x60px

Girl's Day Out to the Temple

I had the opportunity for a Girl's Day Out to the Bismarck Temple today with two of my awesome friends. Haylie & Deb have been my dear friends for a long time. We definitely don't get to spend enough time together lately so it was great being able to spend the whole day with them. We headed out early (OK- early for me!), and made it there early enough to visit with some of the Temple Presidency that we know (The Smiths used to live in our Fargo ward) and to just relax and enjoy the Spirit in the Temple. After the Session, we got to sit for a very long time in the Celestial Room. After a bit, we were the only ones there. We just enjoyed the peace and quiet and beauty of that special room. We also got to visit about what we'd learned. That's one of my favorite parts of visiting the Temple with someone- finding out what Heavenly Father taught them that day. It's pretty amazing how we noticed a lot of the same things as well as got our own little inspirations. It really struct me today that I need to find JOY! I sometimes get so busy in this life that I forget that everything around me can bring me joy! Heavenly Father has blessed us all so much- sometimes we just have to notice! So- thank you, Heavenly Father, for the beauty all around me- help me to notice it and find the JOY you have in store!
After the Temple, we went to lunch at: DiDonna's Italian Restaurant, 505 East Bismarck Expwy, 223-0012 Sister Smith recommended a whole list of new places we can try when we come out. I liked it! It was fun to try a new place. It was just a little family run place but had pretty good service and some yummy Italian.
On the drive back, we absolutely LOVED the clouds. They tend to be so bright and fluffy and close to the earth here on the flatlands! ;) And this time- I even got to see Jamestown and White Cloud! Wahoo! LOL!
Thanks ladies for getting to the Temple with me. Sure luv ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment