Ads 468x60px

Peaches & Applesauce

One thing we do every year in Fargo is order Utah or Colorado peaches. YUMMY! In Fargo during late August and early September, you can always pick them up at the Youth for Christ fundraiser or a Church member with connections takes orders and hauls some back. Either way- they get a little spendy but oh so worth it! They are like a zillion times better than the store bought ones. Delicious!
With boxes and boxes of peaches you have to find things to do with them- well besides peaches and cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner. LOL! Well, my amazing Recipe Guru friend, Brooke has a fabulous recipe for Frozen Peaches for Smoothies. So, McKenzie and I got together and made some. Of course- don't tell our Hubbies but we are quite a pair. LOL! Whenever we get together, we make slight adjustments to our recipes. That would be fine if either of us knew what we were doing but since we do NOT- it can get a little interesting! But hey- we haven't had any complaints from our fams thus far so, it's allll good! Thanks, McKenzie for braving ME when it comes to food recipes. The girls and I love hanging out with you & Baby Sophie. You're awesome! So- Back to the Peaches...Aren't they gorgeous? Love it!
Recipe for Frozen Peaches
13 peaches
1/2 can crushed pineapple (20 oz can)
1/4 c. lemon juice
1- 1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. frozen OJ, diluted
[We mixed a 12 oz. can with 2-2 1/2 cans water then measured out 1 c.]

***Makes 6 Qt size bags (2 c. in each)

Also- I don't think I ever wrote that KBro and I got together and made applesauce. I love the final product! I could just leave it on my counter and stare at it for days. It's so beautiful! (Thanks Brooke & KBro for sharing your apples.)
Yeah for the Harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment