Ads 468x60px

Goodbye Girlfriends: Spa Night

If there's one thing I've learned really well here during our time in Fargo- it's that things change. Not that I didn't know it before but I have come to appreciate it well. By July of this year, FIVE of our dear friends are moving on to new adventures all across the country. For most people, Fargo seems to be a stepping stone to other places so, this comes as no shock but always stings a little to lose the familiarity of those who cross your path on a weekly basis. Well, we wanted to let them know how much we would miss them so it was a perfect excuse for a Partay!! (I've been out of the Partay planning for quite a while. I'm sure people were thinking something was wrong with me. LOL!)
Haylie came up with the idea that we should do a "Pamper Your Friend Night" hence the Girl's Spa Night was born. Jen M. offered her home and it was SO much fun! (thanks lady- even with the craziness of broken pipes you are an awesome host. Luv ya!)
We prepared for the Partay by asking all of the departing ladies their favorite foods & desserts. Then we went to work finding people to bring a fabulous dinner made of the suggested items. Too yummy! We had plans to have a fancy candlelight dinner outside but "Forks" weather is still invading our lives (Dang you KBro & Jen M.- LOL!!) and things changed. We ended up just having dinner more casual but it was still so delicious!
Jen had set the mood for the night by lighting candles all over her house and I brought white lights as well. So relaxing and beautiful. :) Plus she supplied Drinking & Drugs in the Kitchen for those who needed extra help relaxing. LOL! Just Kidding, of course, but there was some disguised "Dew" & Jen is known for her Medicine cupboard if you ever have any pain. We just LOVE our Pee Drinking Nurse friend!!! (Can you tell how I really feel about Mountain Dew?)
After stuffing ourselves full (I'm sure that's what they do at real spas, right?), we got out all the "Spa" stuff (everyone just brought stuff to supplement what I had in the "basement"- LOL! an inside joke!) and we went to work. I tried really hard to let it just go as it went but you know me... (Is Control Freak a diagnosisable condition?) [LOL!! Diagnosisable is SO NOT a word! LOL!!] We did however, thanks to my condition, make sure that all the Guests of Honor got a massage or pedicure or manicure or a combination of such. And most of us got a little pampering ourselves. I just LOVE the ladies here! It was fun to to see everyone take care of each other and laugh and visit and eat more food, of course. And I still got send home with so many leftovers--- how does that happen? We only had one incident where Jen Neuteboom got a little out of hand but we got her under control by physical restraint. {LOL- Luv ya Sunshine!}
We finished the evening with ParTaying gifts---it's not a Shay ParTay without them, ya know! We gave them all a bag of things to pamper themselves with: loofas, massagers, lotion, candles, bath beads, manicure kits, and music (Thanks Amber!) all in the matching colors for the night. LOL! I even made these cute cards for everyone to sign for all the ladies. I just crack myself up with my poetic talent. LOL! (The truth is sometimes what makes things so funny! like the Fargo weather- Argh!) But I thought they turned out so cute and they even match the invites. Love it!!! Thanks to all the ladies that made the night a success. You are all amazing!
To my dear friends--Ashlee Weber, Telindalee King, Elise Adams, Heather Swanson and Maren Sharland-- may your next adventure be even more fabulous than this one. We hope you know how much we love ya and we''ll miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment