Ads 468x60px

Birthday Princesses

Double Princess Partay!
What started out as a Surprise Party for Haylie turned into a Double Princess/ Kickoff to Summer BBQs. It was a lot of fun! I think we probably had about 60 people show up for the fun! Matt supplied the meat, Seamons did the buns and condiments, Brotherson did paper products & hosted (we all did cake!) and everyone else brought a side. YUMMMY! It's been really rainy this past week and today was no different. It didn't even stop one minute of the fun though. All the kids (Brett & Larry included) played outside anyways. [Don't worry-A wet rag and Brett's big feet took care of the mud after the Party. :)]

Haylie & I made each other's Bday cakes which were both delicious!
[Background info on the Princess cake: A week or so ago, Haylie & Matt were at the store and walked by the cakes. Haylie saw the lightup Princess cake (It's so cute, don't ya think?) but Matt wouldn't let her get it- SO MEAN MATT! even after she reminded him it was gonna be her birthday. LOL! Well, when we ended up combining the Partay, I told Brett to tell Matt that we'd be in charge of Haylie's cake. And you know--- it just had to be done. Yeah for Disney Princesses. We are also doing the Ironroad toy stash a favor. LOL It needed some girly stuff.]
We ate dinner, visited, watched the kids play, sang, had cake and opened a few presents from some of our thoughful friends. Thanks ladies. We sure love ya! 
[One last background story: As you know, our Girlfriend Posse here LOVE the Twilight Series. It wasn't until after the second Movie Partay, that the girls became aware that I hadn't yet read them. That was a NO-NO. I was in BIG trouble!!! I told them I was holding out until I moved away and really missed them. That way I could read them and feel closer to them all. Well, obviously that wasn't good enough for Jen M. & KBro! LOL! They are bound and determined (or very stubborn:) that I WILL read them. Hence- the gift! Thanks ladies.] UPDATE: I read the first 2 books--all 1000 pages, I might add--in 3 days. Dang you ladies!!! Don't you think I have other things to do with my life??? AND I have brought the Forks weather here to Fargo. The constant rain, no sunshine, and moss covered trees. Thanks a lot!!!! LOL!
Thanks too to all the other sweet family & friends that remembered me today! I am a very lucky lady! Love you all!

P.S. We had fun spoiling Haylie for her Bday. We really know how to Celebrate Princess style! Love ya lady! (We had bought a couple long stem roses for Haylie that matched the roses on her balloon. Unfortunately, on the way to the Partay, Victoria threw a fit and sat on them; breaking them in half. Victoria felt really bad so she decided to buy Haylie some more. We made a quick trip to the store and found this little basket of flowers. The colors were close enough. LOL! Too funny! Best laid plans, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment