Ads 468x60px

Happy National Quilt Day!

That's right!!! I bet you didn't even know there was such a day. But there is and Yeah for fabric!! In honor of this momentous day and this LUCKY month,  I would like to take this opportunity to share a little fabric 4-leaf clover hunt with you!
But first, a little "once upon a time" story...
Once upon a time, long, long ago well.. Last year, at least... I decided that I needed a LUCKY green quilt to drap over the back of my couch during the month of  March. Everyone needs one of those, right? Anywho, I made one and had it quilted. I LOVED the Irish chain quilt (get it cuz- StPaddy's is an Irish holiday- yeah!) but the quilting turned out disappointing. I ask for clovers in the white center blocks but they turned out more like Casper the Friendly Ghost. Dang! (I realized afterwards that I never took a picture of it so you'll just have to believe me) Well, I thought I could live with it but when I pulled it out this year- there was just no way! So a little unpicking, a variegated thread purchase, a little disappearing pen drawing, some sewing and whoala! LOVE it! I am so much happier with my LUCKY little quilt!
Now back to the hunt....
The quilt is covered in shamrocks but there are TWO 4-leaf clovers to be found. Good LUCK hunting!
Here's a close-up of one of the 4-leaf clovers and the back of the quilt. LOVE it! Happy Quilt Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment