Ads 468x60px

Fargo Favorites #44

1. Tree rows
To block out some of the Wind- ND has tree rows like this everywhere! I love them! Two tall, straight rows protecting us from being blown over. So pretty!
2. One AM Wake Up Calls
I love that family is who you chose out here. There are so many people you know you can count on even if your blood relatives aren't anywhere close. This week I got a 1 AM wake up call from my friend with news that her water had just broke and her hubby was in Jamestown (an 1 1/2 drive from Fargo). I grabbed a pillow & a blanket and headed straight over. Since her contractions hadn't really started, we decided she should head over to the hospital and get checked in. That way when her hubby got there she was already settled. I would stay at home with the sleeping kids. Well about 2:40, her hubby came in and was surprised that she had already headed over [I guess he had just told her to wait for him] but took the camera and drove to the hospital. LOL!! Lucky for me (& Katie) that she had headed over because when Jared got there, she was holding a baby in her arms. Wow! That was a quick little arrival and one I wouldn't have quite been ready for if we had waited for Jared. But I am so glad that they are all doing well. Rachel is a beautiful little girl! Congrats to you , guys!
3. End of "Family Trips"

Dang! We've missed this kid!

I love the Fargo Summer! It's our chance to be outside, enjoy the sunshine and be with friends! One disadvantage of being far away from family though is that most people decide to go visit family in far away lands while the kids are out of school (Ok... really they just all head out West! LOL) A lot of families take off for 2-4 weeks at a time. On the years we don't head to UT ourselves, we miss our friends dearly! This year it seemed that all our close friends were gone a very, very long time! SO this week, I am thankful for the end of "Family Trips". (I say "family trips" because they usually don't feel like "vacations" to any of the parents- It's a lot of hard work to be away that long. ;) All of our friends have returned. Wahoo!
4. Billboards
I know everywhere has billboards but I really enjoy the Midwest good message ones.
5. People pitching in
The reason so many people stay in the Midwest is the PEOPLE! Cuz believe me... it's not for the WEATHER!! LOL!
I have been so impressed by the Minot Flood Relief Effort. It can be frustrating to have your hubby away weekend after weekend but I am so grateful that Brett is willing and able to be of service. I know the people that have been affected by the flood there need him more than us for a while. That's what the people here are like- if someone is in need-- the people are there!
What are you grateful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment